The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Project Manager Library, Research Data and Research Information (f/m/d)
to be responsible for coordination of several key activities related to DZNE’s research data and scientific output/impact.
The LIS of the DZNE is part of the "Core Research Facilities and Services" (CRFS), a service unit offering the scientists a broad range of diverse technologies that are required by a state-of-the-art research. It is a new department that operates as a purely digital library and thus offers much room for personal commitment and creative possibilities.
- Supporting activities within the DZNE digital library
- Continuous collection, registration and monitoring/analysis of quantitative and qualitative performance indicators of DZNE’s scientific output and impact (publications, scientific cooperation, knowledge transfer activities, technology transfer)
- Reporting of progress and performance indicators for both formal institutional and other informal reporting activities. Participation in pertinent internal and external committees / working groups. Preparation of benchmark comparisons with other institutions.
- Coordinate processes for maintenance/improvement of internal documentation and databases used for indicator data
- Conceptual design, coordination and support of the ongoing development of the research data management, including activities related to open science and open data
- Coordinate internal project group on research data management; support other DZNE open science activities (e.g. publication database and repositories, with Library staff)
- Coordinate Helmholtz Health Field working group on research data management
- Act as the DZNE internal and external representative for research data / research information and LIS topics
These tasks involve coordination of multidisciplinary team(s) with relevant expertise (IT, LIS, etc.)
- A university degree at master level in librarian science, information science and/or natural sciences and/or or comparable knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of library process with particular focus on electronic library
- Proven experience in at least one of the following topics and interest in continuous development in all of them: digital library, experimental research and research data, database and software applications.
- High affinity with IT-related areas: e.g. ability to utilize relevant databases / software, including Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint, publication repository, CRIS / FIS
- Experience with strategic planning and program development in a leading German or international research institution
- Excellent project management skills
- Independent, responsible and careful way of working; attention to detail, possibly experience with data quality control
- Excellent written and spoken German (mother language level); very good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions
- Solution oriented attitude to work
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferably you have one or more of the following skills
- Knowledge of developing guidelines and regulations in Germany and EU relevant for data protection / privacy, intellectual property, open science initiatives
- Strong competence in software / databases and basic data management / representation
Your work will foster development of the Library into a central point for information management within the DZNE. You prefer pragmatic solutions that you implement quickly and in a targeted manner. You are open to developments and enjoy a varied and challenging job in an international and scientific environment.
- A collegial working atmosphere and an inspiring working environment in a digital and future-oriented library
- An exciting and responsible job with professional training and development opportunities
- The position is full time (39 hours/week), and is initially limited to 2 years
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV and a letter of presentation in English.
Andrea Ciochetti - email@example.com
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
April 20th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.