The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
IT Service and Applications Support Staff (f/m/x)
The DZNE is an interdisciplinary research center, part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers and operates central IT services at its headquarters in Bonn, which provides the infrastructure and services for the entire research center distributed across ten locations in Germany, responding to the needs of scientists and administration.
The IT Support team provides qualified technical support for all DZNE internal users. In your role, as a member of the IT Support team, you will be responsible of providing a comprehensive IT service and application support to our customers in Bonn as well as at the other sites across Germany.
- You will work in our support team and act as a competent contact person for user questions concerning IT within the scope of customer support.
- You will install and maintain computers, laptops, printers and mobile devices with different operating systems (Windows, MacOS).
- In the helpdesk, you receive user requests and incident reports and process them in our ticket system.
- You analyze and resolve the issues by phone, mail and remote function and document the analysis results and solutions.
- Your responsibilities will include tracking issues, ensuring service levels are maintained and forwarding incident reports to downstream help desk functions, as well as collecting all preliminary information related to those issues that require more expert investigation and intervention of second level support.
- You advise our customers on new services and technologies and permanently develop the support in the team.
- Manage the software release process
- Support Standard software
- Document known issues and presenting them to the team
- You have a completed education in the field of computer science and practical experience in the IT and support area
- You are very familiar with the current hardware and software (MS Office, Windows (7)/10, MacOS, PCs, notebooks, smartphones, printers, event and presentation technology)
- You enjoy dealing with customers and have excellent communication and service skills
- You have a very good command of German and English, both written and spoken
- Ideally, you have already gained experience in the areas of user account management and directory services (AD/LDAP), software distribution, networking, telecommunications and in working with a ticket system
- You bring a self-reliant, result- and goal-oriented way of working and appear professional at all times.
- Distinct ability to work in a team, commitment and keen on active customer contact complete your profile.
- Willingness to undertake further self-development
- An interesting and challenging job in an international research institution working on topics in the field of health research
- Modern ambience, workplace with high-quality technical equipment as well as very good working conditions in a committed and harmonious team
- Broad scope for the personal development of employees
- Targeted personnel development and work-life balance
- A full-time position, initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of extension to a permanent position.
- Employment, remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD - Bund).
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply. We would like to point out that as an employee (f/m/x) of the DZNE Bonn you are subject to facility-related compulsory vaccination against the COVID-19 virus (according to § 20a of the Infection Protection Act).