The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
PhD candidate (f/m/x) in Systems Medicine
We are a diverse team working on systems medicine approaches in the context of immunology, infection, chronic inflammation, aging, and neurodegenerative diseases. In our projects, we attempt to untangle the molecular underpinnings of environmental influences including pathogens on the immune and nervous system in health and disease.
For more general information, please also visit the website of Systems Medicine.
The successful candidate will perform single-cell multiomics experiments in our clinical cohort study program, which includes tasks from sample preparation to data analysis. Further, the candidate will carry out wet-lab experiments to validate the initial findings from the omics data.
- Master or equivalent in immunology, biomedicine, computational biology, or comparable topics
- strong research background in immunology, cell biology, and genomics or transcriptomics
- practical experience in multi-color flow cytometry, molecular and cell biology, and transcriptomics
- very good English proficiency
- Practical knowledge of data analysis using R or Python is of advantage.
- enthusiastic and collaborative work attitude
- ability to work independently as well as in a team
- a challenging research project
- excellent scientific infrastructure and state-of-the-art methodologies
- a thriving interdisciplinary research environment at the DZNE
- fully established genomics, bioinformatics and wet-lab facilities
- modular high-performance computing resources
- participation in the DZNE pension system (VBL)
- membership in one of our graduate school programs
- Employment, payment and social benefits are consistent with those at other research institutes
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.
Please submit your application as a single pdf file, including your CV (incl. two references) and a brief cover letter (max. 1 page) stating your motivation for and prior experience relating to this offer.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com. Interviews will take place by video conference, with a possible on-site visit to Bonn. The position is available immediately and applications will be considered until the position is filled.Apply here
Dr. Anna Aschenbrenner
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
consistent with those at other research institutes
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply. We would like to point out that as an employee (m/f/x) of the DZNE Bonn, you are subject to facility-related compulsory vaccination against the COVID-19 virus (according to § 20a of the Infection Protection Act).