The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x) or Bioinformatician (f/m/x)
The DZNE's Dresden site is now looking for a person to fill the position, with employment to begin at June 2023 or later.
The group's focus is on the role of the nuclear architecture in the long-term maintenance of brain function.
Aging is one of the most critical risk factors for neurological and psychiatric diseases. However, the biological links between physiological aging and pathological development are still largely unknown. We aim at elucidating this link between the fundamental mechanism underlying the long-term maintenance of neural identity/plasticity and effects of aging on that, by focusing on epigenetic changes. In an ongoing project, we are performing multi-layer deep sequencing analyses of epigenetic changes during neuron aging, with the aim to elucidate the interaction between different layers of epigenetic regulation during aging. We are searching for a motivated scientist with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyse and integrate these datasets. The project is supported by the ERC as well as DFG.
- You have bioinformatic expertise in genomic/epigenomic analyses (RNA-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, HiC) with programming fluency (R or Python ), and an in-depth understanding of genome biology and epigenetics.
- You have experience in big data integration and machine learning approaches or a strong interest in implementing such analysis pipelines.
- Knowledge in cell biology, neurobiology and developmental biology is a plus.
- You have a good track record of publications or the development of tools.
- You have very good English skills in writing and presenting your work.
- You are highly motivated, able to work independently but also collaboratively, enjoy working in a team and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- An interesting, challenging position in a research institution that pursues cutting-edge health research, working in a highly international scientific environment. The project aims to resolve a fundamental question in brain maintenance and aging.
- Extensive space and freedom for our employees' personal development and growth
- Targeted human resources development
- The position is initially limited to one year, extension is possible
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
For further information about this position, please contact Dr. Tomohisa Toda (email@example.com)Apply here
Dr. Tomohisa Toda
1 year, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
January 31st, 2023
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply. You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.