The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x) for Antibody platform
This is an opportunity to work for the antibody production platform of the Helmholtz Innovation Lab BaoBab. BaoBab is a cooperative project between DZNE sites in Berlin and Bonn and focuses on the production and characterization of antibodies derived from individual B-cells from patients with neurodegenerative diseases link. The position is within the Laboratory Automation Technologies (CRFS-LAT) Facility at the DZNE. Located in Bonn, the LAT is a Core Facility, which provides expertise and technologies for lab automation services link.
Candidates hold a Ph.D. in biology (or equivalent professional experience) and are able to plan, execute and analyze experiments independently. The successful applicant will support the further development of the antibody platform with a focus on FACS-based single-cell isolation, B-cell enrichment, and cell-based verification assays. You will be part of a three-person team documenting, running, and expanding our antibody workflow.
- Ph.D. in biology or equivalent professional experience
- Expertise in state-of-the-art FACS methods and analysis
- Hands-on experience with modern cell culture methods and ideally with transfections
- Skilled in efficient, accurate, and reproducible sample handling and according documentation
- Basic programming skills (e.g. Python, data handling with Knime, database or data management-related programming)
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Fluent in English
- Background in B-cell or antibody-associated diseases is a plus
- Experience with fluorescent microscopy is a plus
- Unique opportunity to be trained on and utilize state-of-the-art lab automation
- Interdisciplinary project with physicians and industry partners in a new research field
- A full-time position initially limited to 1.5 years
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
The position is available immediately and applications will be considered until the position is filled (with a possible starting date being June 1st, 2023).Apply here
Herr Dr. Eugenio Fava
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
May 5th, 2023
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.