Das Deutsche Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen (DZNE) ist ein weltweit führendes, international ausgerichtetes Forschungszentrum, das sich der Entdeckung neuer Ansätze zur Prävention und Behandlung neurodegenerativer Erkrankungen verschrieben hat. Zu diesem Zweck verfolgen Forscherinnen und Forscher an zehn DZNE-Standorten in ganz Deutschland eine translationale und interdisziplinäre Strategie, die fünf miteinander verbundene Bereiche umfasst: Grundlagenforschung, Klinische Forschung, Versorgungsforschung, Populationsforschung und Systemmedizin. www.dzne.de
System Administrator - Microsoft Technologies (m/f/x)
The DZNE operates a central IT located in Bonn, which provides the IT infrastructure and services for the entire research center distributed across ten locations, supporting the work of scientists and administration.
As “System Administrator - Microsoft Technologies”, you will work in the IT department focusing on configuring, managing and optimizing our central Windows Servers, including Active Directory, and Exchange. You will also collaborate with our internal support team, troubleshooting and solving second/third level issues related to Windows client and server systems and software. Moreover, you will participate in exciting medium/long term project teams involving the IT department and external providers, to develop new solutions for the needs of the DZNE.
- Further development and support of systems in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Windows server infrastructure and Exchange administration
- Analysis and optimization of systems regarding performance, errors and IT security
- Support of databases (MS-SQL etc.) and applications in the Windows environment
- Optimization of operations through automation of processes
- Develop scripts in Power shell
- Support of migration and introduction of new IT systems and services
- Analysis and elimination of system malfunctions (2nd and 3rd level)
- Apply knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g. V-sphere administration)
- Active participation in medium/long term projects: requirements analysis, conceptualization and implementation.
- Implementation and development with M365 and Azure
- Manage Windows Server and Exchange certificates
- E-mail client administration (e.g. Outlook, Outlook mobile, Thunderbird, IMAP, etc.).
- Degree in engineering or relevant studies in an IT-related field
- Relevant Microsoft certifications in Windows server, Exchange and M365 Azure
- Experience with Windows systems administration
- Understanding and experience with M365 implementation and administration
- Several years of experience in the administration of Windows systems (Windows systems, Exchange, Active Directory, Power-Shell etc.)
- MS SQL server administration knowledge
- Nice to have: Understanding of FAST LTA Silent Brick systems and Understanding of CIFS Share
- Windows Backup and Disaster recovery knowledge
- Good knowledge in the area of virtualization technologies (e.g. V-Sphere)
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, collaborative approach, and customer orientation
- High degree of sense of responsibility, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Solution orientation
- An interesting and challenging job in a renowned international research institution
- Integration in a dynamic, harmonious and motivated cross-functional team
- Continuous and extensive development/training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- For non-German speakers, in-house German language courses to support your professional interactions at work
- A full-time position, initially limited to 2 years
- Company pension plan, health management
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst, TVöD – Bund)
Frau Laura Baracchi
May 31st, 2023
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.