The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Laboratory Technician (f/m/x)
A full time position, initially limited to one year.
The position is immediately available in the Research Group led by Prof. Dr. Thomas Gasser at the DZNE Tübingen. We are interested in the genetic basis of neurodegenerative diseases, particularly focusing on Parkinson's disease, Fronto-Temporal Dementia and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team, with a strong focus on genetic risk factors for Neurodegenerative diseases. We are looking for outstanding, highly qualified candidates with a degree as MTA, BTA, or related discipline.
The Laboratory Technician will work in a highly interactive and collaborative lab environment and will perform genetic studies using iPSC, neural precursor cells, and neuronal differentiation in 2D and 3D. Knowledge of working with lentivirus production and transduction is highly desired. It is preferred that the candidate has affinity with lab automation (pipettors or dispensers etc.) and automated microscopes. We are an international laboratory and applicants should be fluent in English and possess good communication and team-working skills. The candidate should be open-minded to new methods and technologies.
- Degree as MTA, BTA, or related discipline
- Hands-on experience in cell culture of iPSC, neural precursor cells, and neuronal differentiation in 2D. Experience with 3D will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of working with lentivirus is highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing techniques and lab automation will be an advantage.
- Experience in CRISPR-Cas9 and microglia culture knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good communication, documentation of work, writing and following SOPs and team-working skills.
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
- The opportunity to utilize and learn state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
- A company pension plan as well as health management
- A position for 100 %, initially temporary limited to 1 year
Applications should contain the following documents (in English):
- a detailed CV with up-to-date, relevant experience.
- 1-page cover letter of motivation.
- a copy of academic transcripts.
- Two or three references
If you have further questions prior to your application, please contact Ashutosh.Dhingra@dzne. Interviews will take place by video conference or in person.Apply here
Prof. Dr. Thomas Gasser
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
December 15th, 2023
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.