The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/x) in Medical Image Computing
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher in Medical Image Computing to join the research group of Prof. Martin Reuter (DeepMI Lab) at the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) in Bonn, Germany.
Creative, highly motivated applicants who are willing to develop novel deep learning image analysis methods and enjoy teamwork and working independently in a stimulating scientific environment are encouraged to apply.
The research focus of the DeepMI lab (https://deep-mi.org) is on the development of novel AI methods for the automated analysis of medical images, and on providing accessible and useful open-source software tools for the medical imaging community. In addition to medical image computing and computational neuroimaging, our research interests include computational geometry and topology, computer vision, and statistical modeling. In close collaboration with clinical and industrial partners, we develop the next-generation computational techniques and open-source software tools (https://github.com/Deep-MI) for the analysis of large biomedical image datasets – such as FastSurfer (https://deep-mi.org/research/fastsurfer), a fast and extensively validated deep-learning pipeline for the automated processing of structural human brain MRIs that is used by neuroimaging researchers worldwide. Our network within DZNE and the University Clinic Bonn, as well as our close ties to the Harvard Medical School promote our interdisciplinary research and foster deep international collaborations.
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of novel deep learning methods for MR image analysis
- Preparation of manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
- Active participation in national and international conferences
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; candidates who are expected to complete their PhD degree soon will also be considered.
- Solid background in Machine Learning / Deep Learning and strong computational skills.
- Programming experience (Python) and familiarity with Machine Learning Frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow).
- Experience in magnetic resonance imaging, medical image analysis, and/or computer vision is an advantage.
- The lab language is English.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research group that works on the future topics of artificial intelligence in health research
- An international and interdisciplinary research environment characterized by multiple local and international research collaborations across disciplines
- State-of-the-art computational infrastructure including the DZNE HPC cluster with 92 V100 GPUs and dedicated CPU and GPU servers for exclusive use of the lab
- A strong mentoring program for career development
- Job location is Bonn, located at the Rhine river adjacent to the Cologne metropolitan area, with one of the highest quality of life ratings and an international student, research and business community
- The position is full-time and initially available for 2 years.
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
- Company pension plan, health management
How to apply
Please upload your application including a cover letter stating your motivation and research interests, CV, relevant transcripts and up to two references via the link below.
The application deadline is January 30, 2024. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For inquiries about the position, please contact Prof Martin Reuter at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply here
Prof. Martin Reuter
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply. You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.