The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x) for in vivo two-photon calcium imaging and electrophysiology
The research will be done in the frame of EU consortium SynMech (https://www.synmech.eu/). It will be using optogenetics to induce epilepsy, two-photon Ca2+ imaging and electrophysiology to monitor neuronal activity and targeted magnetogenetic stimulation of malfunctioning neural circuits to prevent epileptogenesis or promote healing. The study will be done in the Research Group “Molecular Neuroplasticity” at the DZNE Magdeburg.
- Experience in two-photon imaging in awake rodents documented by publications in high-level scientific journals is a prerequisite for consideration of application.
- Experience in electrophysiology, optogenetics, and preparation of animal experimentation requests in Germany (TVA) will be of advantage.
- Programming skills are desirable.
- Enthusiast, creative team player, with a strong commitment to research
- Comprehensive support in applying for funding and developing independent research priorities
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment and an international team (https://www.dzne.de/dityatev)
- Opportunity to pursue excellence in neuroscience and contribute to patenting and development of new therapeutic treatments
- Excellent infrastructure, including modern workspaces and very well-equipped laboratories.
- Remuneration and benefits are based on the collective agreement (TVÖD Bund)
- Dynamic and multicultural environment for neural circuits and cognitive research within the SFB 1436 (sfb1436.de), the RTG 1413 (www.synage.de) and the CBBS (www.cbbs.eu/en/)
- One position for an initial period of 3 years with the possibility of extension
- Possibility of upgrading to head of the two-photon imaging facility
You are welcome to take a look at the recent studies from the group:
Blondiaux et al., Neurobiology of Disease, 2023 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37838005/)
Broekaart et al., J. Clinical Investigations, 2021 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33141761/)
Sun et al., Nature Communications, 2021 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34663792/);
Suzuki et al., Science, 2020 (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32855309/).
For further questions about the position, please contact email@example.com.
Prof. Dr. Alexander Dityatev
3 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and
especially encourages them to apply.
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.