The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
PhD Student (f/m/x)
The Capasso lab is interested in how myeloid immune cells change with age and the impact this has on neurodegenerative diseases.
Continuing our work on mTOR-dependent upregulation of mRNA translation in aging microglia (Keane*, Antignano* et al. JCI, 2021), we are seeking an enthusiastic PhD student to work on the effect of altered translation in microglia in ageing and Alzheimer’s disease. The project involves work with mouse models and will be at the intersection between immunology and neuroscience, with a focus on cell signaling and RNA biology.
We are looking for a pro-active and well-organised PhD candidate with a degree in a relevant biomedical subject, such as immunology, molecular biology or biochemistry. Previous experience with preclinical models of inflammation, aging and Alzheimer’s disease will be a bonus, as well as previous experience working on microglia and/or having acquired basic bioinformatics skills.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- Options for the realization of family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Targeted personnel development
- Initially limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
For informal enquires about the project, please contact Dr Melania Capasso: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents, which include a letter of motivation and a curriculum vitae.Apply here
Dr. Melania Capasso
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.