The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m) in Neuroscience
A post-doctoral position is available within the scientific team “Neurodegeneration & Neuroprotection in Parkinson’s Disease” led by Donato Di Monte in Bonn (https://www.dzne.de/en/research/research-areas/fundamental-research/research-groups/di-monte/research-areasfocus/ ). The research focus of this team is on molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration and alpha-synuclein pathology in Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
For this position, research emphasis will be on specific mechanisms, in particular mitochondrial damage, neuron-to-neuron propagation of alpha-synuclein, protein aggregation and neuroinflammation. Studies will be conducted in a variety of experimental models (e.g., stereotactic brain injections of viral vectors), using histochemical and molecular biology approaches.
Candidates with a PhD in biological sciences or MD/PhD degree are encouraged to apply. Prior experience in neuroscience research, neuropathology/histology and in vivo models of neurodegenerative diseases are highly desirable. Applicants should be fluent in English and possess excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Working in an international, highly interactive environment. The research group is involved in a variety of collaborative projects with other scientific groups in Germany, Europe and the US
- Participation and leadership in challenging and cutting-edge research projects
- Opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- The position is limited to two years with a potential extension
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees. In particular, qualified training in neurosciences and mentorship to acquire/refine independent skills
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TvöD)
Prof. Donato di Monte
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.