The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Project Manager (f/m)
The PRECISE Platform for Single Cell Genomics and Epigenomics at DZNE uses state-of-the-art automation and NGS, to answer scientific questions in the area of neurodegenerative diseases and immunology in collaboration with national and international partners. As a project manager you will provide administrative aid to the platform with respect to procurement, equipment maintenance, digital project documentation, monitoring and progress reports. You will also ensure the platform follows industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposal of samples and waste.
- Provide administrative support with ordering, reporting, interaction with collaborators, and billing
- Plan resource and supply requirements and coordinate ordering
- Place and expedite orders and verify receipt of supplies
- Attend and document project and lab meetings
- Digital project documentation, generating reports and maintaining records
- Monitor project progress and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Communicate progress to collaboration partners and heads of lab and IT
- Monitor accounts, cost and revenue
- Provide updates for web page
- Arrange equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Ensure safety and environmental regulations are met (safety requirements and disposal regulations for reagents, data storage and disposal regulations for patient samples)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology or related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Progressive management or supervisory experience of advantage.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and environmental requirements of advantage.
- Organized with strong managerial abilities, responsible, dedicated, and flexible.
- Excellent communicator.
Prof. Joachim Schultze
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.