The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Electrical Engineer (f/m)
You will join an experienced, interdisciplinary project team (psychology, neuroscience, computer science, economics) working together to create innovative, research-backed and high-tech based therapy solutions.
The central goal of the project is to develop a biometric extension for virtual reality headsets. You will be responsible for the overall design and development of the physical components of the device, starting from the first prototype and ending with a market ready product. The development will take place in close cooperation with an industry partner, leading in its field. This is a research project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- Degree in electrical engineering, medical engineering, digital engineering or related discipline
- Experience in the field of microcontrollers, robotics, sensors or similar
- Experience using CAD, integrated circuit design
- Experience with light sensors, bluetooth devices and protocols, USB protocol, driver programming is a plus
- Experience with low-level programming (C, Assembly) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good command of German is a plus
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
Prof. Dr. Thomas Wolbers
up to 17 months
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
December 15th, 2018
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.