The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Research Technician (m/f/d)
The research group of Dr. Hayder Amin is looking for a highly motivated candidate for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Plasticity Models for Aging and Neurodegeneration (PMAN) at the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) in Dresden.
The primary objective of our lab is to examine groundbreaking questions on the functional and molecular role of newly-generated neurons in the adult brain. Using a variety of modern techniques (molecular and cellular biology, electrophysiology, genetics, opto-/chemogenetics, modeling, and neurocomputation); the aim is to discover the interaction across multiple forms of plasticity (functional and molecular) in new-born neurons and to characterize how this plasticity shapes information processing in neuronal circuits and networks. This is not only relevant in a healthy context but, in particular, at early stages of neurodegeneration, when networks still can respond and capable to reserve formation and compensate functions.
We are building a genuinely interdisciplinary research unit where experimental neuroscience, theory, and engineering expertise team up to foster advances in neuroscience and neurotechnologies. Join us and be one of the first ones to understand the brain function better using cutting-edge neurotech to improve the use of adult neurogenesis in the brain to stall aging and neurodegeneration. For more information on our research, check PMAN lab page (www.dzne.de/amin/)
- Organization and ordering of laboratory materials and reagents, and monitoring consumable spending
- Preparation of operating manuals and documentation practice
- Standard cell culture techniques
- Planning and execution of molecular biology experiments
- Testing new protocols and methodologies
- Training new lab members in cell biological and biochemical methods
- Support ongoing lab projects
- Education as a Lab Technician BTA/CTA/MTA, or a degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or an equivalent degree
- Good knowledge in the field of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (western blot, Q-Rt-PCR, and immunostaining)
- Proficiency in German and English languages
- Demonstrated experience in primary cell culture (preferable)
- Good knowledge in the field of immunohistochemistry and fluorescence imaging microscopy
- Good computer literacy (MS Office)
- Versatility and willingness to adapt quickly to different tasks and timelines, and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team
- Previous experience in pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation is a plus
- Advanced interdisciplinary vocational training
- Opportunity to learn cutting-edge neuroscience and neurotechniques in a competitive and instructive environment
- Excellent infrastructure including modern workspaces
- Dynamic and multicultural environment
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at the DZNE. The Institute is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications should include:
- a copy of your detailed CV with your up to date relevant experience.
- 1-page cover letter of motivation (a chance to enhance your application packet).
- a copy of academic transcripts.
- Two or three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is as soon as possible and in agreement with the successful applicant.
Dr. Hayder Amin
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
April 30th, 2019