The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/d)
The Capasso lab is interested in elucidating pathways regulating immune cell function, both in adaptive and innate immune cells, as well as their impact in neurodegenerative diseases.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated postdoc to carry out research aimed at elucidating the role of proton channels and ROS in microglia in Alzheimer’s pathology, using a combination of in vitro and in vivo studies in preclinical models.
Well-organised and pro-active with a PhD in a relevant biomedical subject with experience of animal models, preferably in the field of immunology. Familiarity with documentation required to work with genetically modified organisms and animal models in Germany would be desirable. Showing initiative and flexibility, also regarding working hours when required, will be essential.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially available for 3 years with the option for extension
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
Dr. Melania Capasso
3 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
July 21st, 2019
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.