The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Technical assistant (f/m/d)
Two full-time Technical Assistant (e.g. MTA, BTA) positions are immediately available in the Laboratory Automation Technologies (LAT) Facility at the DZNE in Bonn. The LAT is a Core Facility, which provides expertise and technologies for lab automation services within the DZNE. You will be part of a new project team, which is funded by the “Helmholtz Validation Fund” and is focused on predictive drug discovery and de-risking innate immunity.
The successful applicant will be involved in tasks such as routine cell culture, develop, optimize and run assays in 96- and 384-plate format on an automation platform.
- Excellent cell culture skills (e.g. primary human cells)
- Hands-on experience in assay automation and use of robotic facilities (automated dispensers, pipettors, washer etc.)
- Experienced in immuno-cytochemistry and microscopy technologies
- Excellent background in cell biology with a focus in innate immunity/inflammation.
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Good communication skills in English and a high motivation to work in the newly established project team
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
- The opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
Dr. Philip Denner
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
July 25th, 2019
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.