The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Screening and Automation Scientist (f/m/d)
A full-time Screening and Automation Scientist position is immediately available in the Laboratory Automation Technologies (LAT) Facility at the DZNE in Bonn. The LAT is a Core Facility, which provides expertise and technologies for lab automation services within the DZNE. You will be part of a new project team, which is funded by the “Helmholtz Validation Fund” and is focused on predictive drug discovery and de-risking innate immunity
The Screening and Automation Scientist will work in a highly automated lab environment and will develop, validate and run screening assays with a strong focus on inflammation cell models. It is highly desirable that the candidate has experience in compound management, automated liquid handling and HCS.
- We are looking for outstanding, highly qualified candidates with a PhD in biological or engineering sciences with a focus on High-Content-Screening (HCS) or automation technologies (or a related discipline)
- Hands-on experience with robotic platforms, automated pipettors, and automation scheduling software.
- Excellent background in innate immunity/inflammation
- Experience with in vitro and cell-based assay development and validation
- Experienced in organizing database management systems
- Background in statistical computing
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Applicants should be fluent in English and possess good communication and team-working skills
An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
The opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
Dr. Philip Denner
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
July 25th, 2019
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply