The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a unique non-university research center which is dedicated to the subject dementia and all its areas, as well as other neurodegenerative diseases. The center compasses the full spectrum of fundamental research through population sciences to health care research. The DZNE stands for excellence in research and science management, translation of scientific results into practice, interdisciplinarity and internationalization. It is a research center within the Helmholtz Organization of German research centers. With over 1000 employees from 55 nations, spread over 10 sites, the DZNE is one of the national and international leading research centers in its research field.
Technical Assistant (f/m/d)
A half-time Technical Assistant (e.g. MTA, BTA) position is available in a newly funded “Helmholtz Innovation Lab” in the Laboratory Automation Technologies (LAT) Facility at the DZNE in Bonn. The LAT is a Core Facility, which provides expertise and technologies for lab automation services within the DZNE.
The successful applicant will be involved in tasks such as microbiology, molecular biology work and optimization and running workflows in 96- and 384-plate format on automation platforms. You will be part of a three-person team establishing, documenting and running a complex new workflow involving molecular cloning, microbiology and cell culture work.
- Excellent microbiology skills (transformation, colony picking, plasmid preparation, ideally (but not required) in 96 well format
- Good molecular biology skills (PCR, Nucleic Acid Analysis)
- Accurate and reproducible sample handling and corresponding documentation
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Interest in automation and use of robotic facilities
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Good communication skills in English
- High motivation to work in the newly established project team
- The opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Interdisciplinary project with physicians and industry partners in a new research field.
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
Dr. Philip Denner
part-time (50 %)
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
January 31st, 2020
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.