The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
PhD student (f/m/d)
We seek a PhD student to perform the work on transcriptomics, epigenetics and biomarker research in all biomaterial within the DZNE FTLD-cross-cutting initiative.
- Primary neuronal cell culture (cortical, hippocampal, monoculture of astrocytes) from mice and rats.
- Transfection of neurons and astrocytes.
- Live imaging of fluorescently-tagged proteins in neurons.
- Confocal and three-color STED imaging of synapses and quantitation of neuronal protein localization.
- Quantitative biochemistry (western blotting).
- Molecular biology (sub-cloning and PCR).
A strong interest in performing mouse behavior experiments related to learning and memory is also desirable.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- Employment, payment and social benefits are consistent with those at other research institutes
Prof. Dr. Fischer
Payment, social benefits
consistent with those at other reserach institutes
August 31st, 2020
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.