The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) Biomolecular NMR
The group of Markus Zweckstetter at the DZNE (www.dzne.de/zweckstetter ) & Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (www.mpibpc.mpg.de/zweckstetter) in Göttingen, Germany, is seeking applications for a postdoctoral position in the area of biomolecular NMR spectroscopy.
Research in the Zweckstetter group focuses on intrinsically disordered proteins, liquid-liquid phase separation, molecular chaperones, as well as membrane proteins.
The project will be performed in the Zweckstetter labs at DZNE and MPI for Biophysical Chemistry (MPIBPC), two world-class institutes in Göttingen with complementary expertise. MPIBPC houses 13 NMR spectrometers (400-950 MHz). In addition, a 1.2 GHz instrument (the 3rd worldwide) has been delivered to MPIBPC on July 22nd, 2020.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
- The position is initially limited to two years
Applications should include motivation letter, a CV and two references.
Prof. Markus Zweckstetter
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
September 10th, 2020
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE&MPIBPC. DZNE & MPIBPC are equal opportunity employers. They especially welcome and encourage disabled individuals to apply.