The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Post-doctoral Position (f/m/d) in MR Physicist
The MR Physics group in Bonn develops MRI acquisition methods to probe manifestations of neurodegenerative diseases non-invasively with high sensitivity and resolution. To this end, we are seeking an interactive and self-motivated scientist to develop novel MRI motion detection and correction methods for ultra-high field MRI using magnetic field monitoring. The position is part of a EU-funded project involving six partners from five countries (France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, and United Kingdom) covering both academic and industrial partners. The successful candidate will be closely interacting with the project partners, including short-term research visits at selected partner sites, especially the 11.7 Tesla human MRI magnet being commissioned at Neurospin, CEA Paris-Saclay. The position is based within the DZNE MRI Facilities in Bonn (Venusberg Campus).
Successful candidates should hold a PhD in physics, medical physics, or related disciplines. As a prerequisite, the candidate should have experience with MRI sequence development, preferably but not necessarily on Siemens MRI systems. Good programming skills in C++, Python, and/or Matlab are expected. Additional experience with MRI motion detection and correction would be beneficial. Creative, highly motivated applicants who are willing to develop new MR imaging techniques and enjoy teamwork and working independently in a stimulating scientific environment are encouraged to apply.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research.
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees.
- Targeted personnel development.
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
- The position is available from January 2021 for four years. Interviewing will begin immediately until the position is filled. Applications received by October 15th will be definitely taken into account.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV, a cover letter stating research experience and interests, and two references.
Prof. Dr. Tony Stöcker
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
October 15th, 2020
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.