The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher in Human Brain Organoids and Neurodegeneration Research (f/m/d)
A position for a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher is available within the scientific team “Mitochondria and Inflammation in Neurodegeneration” led by Michela Deleidi in Tübingen. We are interested in the immunological basis of neurodegenerative diseases, particularly focusing on Parkinson's disease. The successful applicant will work in a highly stimulating environment to pursue an exciting visionary cross-disciplinary project aimed at unraveling neuro-immune interactions in Parkinson's disease by means of patient stem cell-derived organoids. The study will involve wide range of techniques including stem cell culture, microglia differentiation, organoid generation, and scRNA sequencing. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow independently and get involved in other exciting projects, including developments of chimeric mouse models with human neurons, and glial cells; development of stem cell based therapies for degenerative disease and brain regeneration studies. Our final goal is to translate fundamental discoveries to better preventive and therapeutic approaches for neurodegenerative diseases. Please see our website for more about our research https://www.dzne.de/en/research/research-areas/fundamental-research/research-groups/deleidi/research-areasfocus/.
We are seeking highly motivated, successful, and creative individual(s) with a background in neuroscience, stem cell biology, and (neuro)-immunology.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent degree in neuroscience, biology or any related field
- Outstanding record of achievements from prior training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate should have prior experience in at least two of the following scientific fields:
- Stem cell biology in particular experience using induced pluripotent stem cells and organoids
- Next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector CollectiveAgreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
- The position is open immediately and review of applications will continue until a suitable candidate is found
- A full-time appointment of initially 2 years with the possibility of an extension
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter summarizing your research experience and interest along with three references via the link below.
Dr. Michela Deleidi
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.