The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/w/d)
Research in the group of Michael Heneka focuses on neuroinflammatory processes in neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will actively participate in study design, experimental work as well as data analyses. The work will include presentation of results at local, national, and international conferences and preparation of manuscripts for publication in international scientific journals.
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong interest in neuroinflammation and protein aggregation. Applicants should hold a PhD degree or be in the final stages of their graduate research. Profound biochemical knowledge and prior experience with the execution and analysis of high-resolution NMR, atomic force microscopy and amyloid formation assays are required. Knowledge on computational prediction programs is a plus. We are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to 1 year
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.
Prof. Dr. Michael Heneka
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.