The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Coordinator (f/m/d) Image Data Services
The DZNE in Bonn is looking for a Coordinator (f/m/d) Image Data Services in our core research facilities department.
We are seeking for individuals with a high motivation to work in a service-oriented team with strong expertise in bioimaging analysis and programming.
You will become part of an inspiring team of experts in neurobiology, microscopy imaging, drug discovery and data science with the common goal of finding new therapies to cure neurodegenerative diseases.
You will be always at the cutting edge of scientific literature to identify promising new technologies in the fast-moving field of image analysis, data analysis, artificial intelligence and to develop innovative methods for biomedical image recognition.
As you will be involved in a variety of projects, you will grow your expertise in applied data science and signal processing. Working in a stimulating research environment, you will get in touch with world leading experts in neuroscience leveraging the latest biotechnological methods such as high content screening microscopy, super resolution microscopy and laboratory automation technologies.
We are seeking the service leader of our Image and Data Analysis Facility (IDAF) to join the team of the Core Research Facilities and services at the DZNE in Bonn. The successful candidate will work for the CRFS, and coordinate the provision of image data services to the scientists at the DZNE, as well as developing the services further in close collaboration with the CRFS staff, imaging communities, technology developers, industry, funders, related EU initiatives etc.) The responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing and implementing a strategy for the IDAF
- Identifying community needs and challenges for image data services, especially regarding domain specific added value databases and image data analysis tools and feed them in the IDAF data service strategy.
- Raising awareness for and integrating the newly launched YAPiC into the existing landscape of image data services
- Promoting commonly developed solutions for tackling image data challenges (e.g. image data provision according to FAIR principles, image data standards, data management plans, etc.).
- Identifying and securing funding opportunities to further develop and scale the IDAF image data services in the future
- Supervise a team of image data service experts
- The Coordinator for Image Data Services will work closely with and report to the Head of the CRFS
- Managing the administrative tasks of the IDAF, including budget management.
We are seeking a team player, who is positive, bright and ready to take ownership and responsibility of the tasks. The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to combine in-depth image data management and analysis skills, with management, coordination and scientific experience to provide optimal solutions for the different stakeholders
- Bring experience in coordination of image data services across several stakeholders, preferably in a scientific environment, with proven ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders on an interdisciplinary level
- Have an advanced life-science degree (PhD) with relevant professional experience
- Experience in team building, team supervision, communication, marketing and professional networking
- Experience in computational biology and programming preferably in Python.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
- Confidence with cluster computing and high performance computing
A high level of computational literacy is required and experience of working in a high-paced professional, academic environment. The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with a proven ability to manage independently project implementation and delivery within a multi-disciplinary team environment. Effective multi-tasking and the ability to work with tight deadlines are also required. The candidate needs to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to move between the scientific and managerial level. A high standard of written and spoken English is mandatory.
You might also have:
- Experience in funding acquisition
- Experience in in-Memory-Driven Computing
- Understanding of advanced microscopy imaging techniques
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to 2 years
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
Dr. Eugenio Fava
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
January 15th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.