The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
The research group “Dynamics of Neuronal Circuits”, led by Prof. Dr. Gaia Tavosanis, focuses on the development and adult plasticity of the nervous system. We investigate the cellular mechanism underlying the differentiation of neurons and the capacity of remodeling of the adult nervous system at the cellular and circuit level. For this, we combine multiple approaches ranging from classical genetics in Drosophila and molecular biology to high-resolution in vivo microscopy, functional imaging and behavioral paradigms (https://www.dzne.de/en/research/research-areas/fundamental-research/research-groups/tavosanis/research-areasfocus/ ).
One postdoc position will be available in the lab starting from January 2021. The planned project will focus on the cellular mechanisms that support the differentiation of neuronal dendrites (see Stuerner et al., Development 2019). This project will combine the generation of molecular tools for acute manipulation of protein activity with high-resolution in vivo microscopy. We will closely cooperate with neuronal morphology modelling groups.
- A strong interest in neuroscience
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology
- Strong background in fly genetics will be preferred
- Experience in in vivo imaging techniques and in programming will be of advantage
- Good communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English
- A challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
Highly motivated candidates are welcome to apply with a short letter of intent and their CV including two of the usual references and University grades.
Prof. Dr. Gaia Tavosanis
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
March 10th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply. You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE