Research Technician (f/m) – MTA/BTA/CTA
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) investigates the causes of diseases of the nervous system and develops strategies for prevention, treatment and care. It is an institution within the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres with nine sites across Germany (Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten). The DZNE cooperates closely with universities, their clinics and other research facilities.
The DZNE in Bonn offers a position as:
Research Technician (f/m) – MTA/BTA/CTA - Code: 1491/2017/8
The laboratory of “Prion and prion-like diseases” is focused on understanding how disease-associated proteins, such as alpha-synuclein in Parkinson’s disease, misfold, aggregate, spread, and damage the brain.
A highly motivated individual holding a degree as a Research Technician (MTA/BTA/CTA) is being sought (31 h/week, 80% effort). The successful candidate will have experience with preparing tissue sections with a microtome, with immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence staining, with performing biochemical assays such as western blots, and be fluent in German and English. Additional experience is a bonus.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A position limited to 12 month at 80% effort (31 h/week), available immediately
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.
For further information, please contact Dr. Erdem Tamgüney at Erdem.Tamgueney@dzne.de