The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Research specialist / Technical Assistant (f/m/d) – BTA/MTA
The group's focus is understanding the molecular mechanisms governing the selective neuronal vulnerability occurring in motor neurons diseases, using innovative pluripotent stem-cell-based technologies as main model system. The person chosen for this position will be an important member of the research group, involved in all aspects of the group's experimental research. His or her duties as research specialist for stem cell-based motor neuron disease research will include both routine tasks and project-based work carried out under his or her own responsibility, including expansion of pluripotent stem cells; production of neuronal cells and brain organoids; and execution, analysis and documentation of experiments.
- You trained as a BTA/MTA or hold a BSc/MSc/Diplom degree in cell biology
- You have advanced experience with cell-culture and biochemistry technologies
- You are qualified for working with mice (i.e. FELASA accredited course) and have experience with mouse colony handling
- You have experience in laboratory organization and in the area of neuroscience research
- You have good English and German communication skills
- You are highly motivated, able to work independently, enjoy working in a team and have excellent organizational skills
- An interesting position in a research institution that pursues cutting-edge health research, working in a highly international scientific environment
- Extensive space and freedom for our employees' personal development and growth
- Targeted human resources development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to 1 year with possibility to be extended
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
Frau Dr. Natalie Rodriguez Muela
1 year, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.