The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Research Associate (f/m/d) or PhD Student (f/m/d) – Computer Science with focus on AI Explainability
The research group "Clinical Dementia Research" (Prof. Dr. Stefan Teipel) works on the methodological development and validation of innovative methods to improve dementia diagnostics, the monitoring of disease progression, and the determination of intervention effects.
The junior research group of Dr. Martin Dyrba is working on approaches to improve the comprehensibility and interpretability of machine learning methods with the goal to assist diagnosis. Within the project: "A Neural Network System Architecture for Multimodal Explanations", funded by the German Research Foundation, a system architecture as well as methods for the generation of explanations for algorithmically determined diagnostic decisions will be investigated. For more information about the project, please visit https://explaination.net.
- Scientific work in the field of conceptual model development, implementation and evaluation of the overall system
- Ontology development, knowledge representation and extraction from MRI datasets as a basis for the diagnostic and explanatory system
- Preparation of scientific publications within the scope of the own professional field of activity
- Possibility to gain a doctoral degree
- Master's degree or diploma in computer science, neuroscience, physics, mathematics or comparable qualification
- Previous experience in machine learning/deep learning, Matlab/Python programming and cognitive models
- Interest in interdisciplinary research at the interface of computer science–cognitive science–medicine
- Solid knowledge of the German and English language, both written and spoken
- Good organizational, teamwork and communication skills
- Distinct independent, structured and goal-oriented working style
For more information and questions about this position, please feel free to contact Dr. Martin Dyrba at email@example.com, tel. +49-381-494-9482.
- An interesting and challenging job in an excellent and internationally well-connected research institution.
- Wide scope for the personal development of the employees
- Targeted personnel development and further training opportunities
- A temporary position for an initial period of three years
- Employment and remuneration are consistent with those at other research institutes
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter summarizing your research experience and interest along with two references via the link below.
Dr. Martin Dyrba - Tel. 49-381-494-9482
Payment, social benefits
consistent with those at other research institutes
March 10th, 2021
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.