The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Data Center Manager /System Administrator (f/m/d) Server and Storage
The DZNE operates a central IT located in Bonn, which provides the central network, server and storage infrastructure, and services for the entire research center distributed across 10 locations, supporting the work of scientists and administration. We operate a virtualization infrastructure, with Linux and Windows servers. The DZNE is currently building a new data center "on the greenfield" for the central IT operations: you have the unique opportunity to help shape this from the very beginning.
- Design, operation and continuous development of the central storage and server systems of the DZNE
- Operation of the central data center rooms of the DZNE in cooperation with the department responsible for the technical infrastructure of the building
- Help design and implement the future 3 tier object storage and archive solution
- Participation in the planning and construction of the new data center for the DZNE
- With your experience you will be also responsible for medium/long term projects and coordinate external providers.
- Successfully completed studies (Dipl.-Inf. (FH), Dipl.-Ing. (FH), B. Sc.) or relevant vocational training (IT specialist or IT systems electronics technician, etc.) in an IT-related subject
- 5+ years experience in the areas of storage (SAN, NAS), server virtualization (VMware), and backup and archive solutions (Veeam, IBM Spectrum Protect/ TSM)
- High level of responsibility, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solution orientation
- Strong communications skills, and collaborative approach
- Initial experience with the construction and operation of data centers and the relevant standards (DIN EN 50600 etc.) is desirable.
What we offer
- An interesting and challenging job in an international research institution working on topics in the field of health research
- Modern environment, workplace with high-quality technical equipment
- Very good working conditions in a committed and harmonious team
- Broad scope for the personal development of employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially limited to 2 years
Laura Baracchi, Tel. + 49 228 3302 186
initially limited to 2 years
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
May 15th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.