The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Linux systems administrator (f/m/d) LAMP
The DZNE operates a central IT located in Bonn, which provides the IT infrastructure and services for the entire research center distributed across 10 locations, supporting the work of scientists and administration.
As “Linux systems administrator”, you will work in the IT Department to design, integrate, optimize and operate DZNE’s Linux server environment, including monitoring and troubleshooting.
Thanks to your strong Linux experience, and knowledge of web applications architecture, you will be able to contribute actively providing insightful advice for systems design and development, and troubleshoot independently.
With a proactive, collaborative and positive approach, you will support the IT operations team, to maintain our Linux systems, update the architecture for security and performance, and devise and implement the needed actions to fix and prevent issues. You will also participate in medium/long term project teams involving the IT department and external providers, to develop new solutions for the needs of the DZNE.
- Linux servers’ administration:
- Continuous maintenance and integration of the systems
- Troubleshooting, including web applications and basic database issues
- Implementation of vulnerability and error analysis and performance tuning measures
- Analysis of IT requirements within the DZNE
- Derivation of concepts for the use of suitable systems, techniques and processes
- Participation in projects also with external providers/integrators
- Ensuring and coordinating the implementation of projects based on the concepts
- Planning, coordination and monitoring of test procedures
- Participation in the conception of the systems architecture
- Investigation, evaluation and introduction of new technologies and features
- Maintaining IT security
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business informatics or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in the administration of Linux server systems, and server virtualization (VMware)
- 3+ years experience managing web applications, including Apache and PHP
- Database administration experience (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Skills to develop pragmatic solution concepts for our Linux landscape
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, collaborative approach, and customer orientation
- High degree of sense of responsibility, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Solution orientation
- An interesting and challenging job in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- A modern environment, workplace with high-quality technical equipment
- Very good working conditions in a committed and harmonious team
- An international environment
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially limited to 2 years
Laura Baracchi, Tel. +49 228 43302 186
initially limited to 2 years
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
April 10th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.