The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Laboratory Technical Assistant (f/m/d) in Parkinson’s Disease Research
A Research Technician position is available within the scientific team led by Prof. Donato Di Monte. The research focus of this team is on molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration in Parkinson’s disease.
- Candidates with a BTA, MTA (Biologisch-, Medizinisch-technischer Assistent) or higher degree (Bachelor or Master) are encouraged to apply.
- The successful applicant will be expected to assist with all aspects of the experimental work (e.g., execution of experiments and analytical assays) and to become an integral part of the scientific team.
- Applicants should be familiar with histochemical/microscopy (e.g., tissue cutting and staining and brightfield/confocal microscopy) techniques and with basic biochemical and molecular biology approaches.
- They will perform experiments with and analyze samples from in vivo Parkinson’s disease models. Previous experience in experimental animal work and neuroscience research would therefore be preferable.
- Candidates should have good command of the English language. Knowledge of the German language would also be preferable.
- They should possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Working in an international, highly interactive environment
- Opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- The position is for 2 years with the possibility of an extension
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TvöD)
Prof. Dr. Di Monte
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
May 30th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.