The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Coordinating PostDoc PRECISE (f/m/d)
The joint Platform for Single Cell Genomics and Epigenomics (PRECISE) of the DZNE and the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelm-Universität Bonn is looking for a full-time (39 hours per week) scientist to lead the DZNE PRECISE laboratory team in the areas of next-generation sequencing, single-cell OMICS, method establishment, project management and to support the technical and scientific directors. The position is available for an initial period of three years with possible extension. The employment is intended to start in July 2021 or upon agreement.
The main research interest of PRECISE lies in the establishment, application and improvement of single-cell OMICs methods in the areas of neurodegeneration and immunology.
For more general information, please also visit the website of PRECISE https://www.dzne.de/forschung/precise/
The successful candidate will lead the DZNE PRECISE laboratory team and use the most advanced genomic methods (SMART-Seq2, SeqWell, BD Rhapsody, 10X Genomics, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq) within the framework of our cooperative projects and your own research work. Scientific topics covered include basic immunology & neuroscience, human population studies and clinical samples from e.g. individuals suffering from neurodegenerative disease.
The candidate is encouraged to further develop and implement methods in the areas of next-generation sequencing, single-cell OMICS, transcriptomics and genomics/epigenomics using material from animal models as well as human patients.
The successful candidate will be involved in the establishment and improvement of single-cell RNA-Seq methods, in automation and process optimization and in the organization of the project workflow.
- For this position, we are seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented senior PostDoc, with a high degree in knowledge in the field of genomics, transcriptomics and/or epigenomics, next generation sequencing, single-cell OMICs and process automation
- The applicant should hold a PhD or MD/PhD degree in molecular biomedicine, biology, or biotechnology or similar topics
- The successful candidate should have prior experience either in single-cell OMICs, molecular biology and/or high throughput sequencing techniques
- Methodological experience in transcriptomics and next generation sequencing is expected. Experience in single-cell OMICs, genomics, epigenomics and process automation as well as bioinformatics is advantageous
- Good computer, statistical, and programming skills are advantageous. Advanced communication skills and very profound German or English language skills are required
- We expect a highly motivated and independently working candidate with a good publication track record and willingness to work in a diverse team with international scientists who is interested to participate in supervision of undergraduate and graduate students
- A responsible, varied and independent job, which gives you the freedom to act on your own responsibility and implement your own ideas within the PRECISE framework, in one of the most modern scientific institutes in Germany
- Excellent scientific infrastructure and state-of-the-art methodologies
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for individual development of our employees (including targeted personnel development)
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to tree years
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund)
Please submit your application using the online system, consisting of your CV (incl. two references) and a brief cover letter (max. 1 page) stating your motivation for and prior experience relating to this project.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place by video conference, with a possible on-site visit to Bonn. The position is available immediately and applications will be considered until the position is filled (with a possible starting date being July 1st, 2021).
Prof. Joachim Schultze
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD-Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.