The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x) in causality and deep learning for longitudinal data
The goal of the project is to link deep learning and probabilistic graphical models in the context of longitudinal biomedical data. The models developed should allow both forward looking predictions, as well as causal modelling.
This will involve linking probabilistic graphical models and their causal extensions, on the one hand, to deep learning and convolutional neural networks on the other. This is a collaborative project involving colleagues in Munich.
Candidates should have, or shortly expect to receive, a PhD in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics (or related fields) with a strong background in machine learning or computational statistics, ideally with expertise in one or more of deep learning, causality and graphical models. A solid background in machine learning or statistics and good statistical computing skills (in one or more of Python, R, etc.) are important.
- An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
For questions prior to your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application (including CV and references) via the "Apply" button below.Apply here
Dr. Sach Mukherjee
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
accordig to TVöD Bund
June 16th, 2021
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.