The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Head of Technology Transfer (f/m/x)
DZNE technology transfer activities are managed in a dedicated Technology Transfer Office which supports the centre’s research mission through the implementation of key operations, including collaborations with academic and industry partners as well as technology transfer and translational activities.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced individual to head our dynamic team.
- Management of the in-house TT Office and coordination with external service providers to plan and oversee innovation scouting/development, filing of IP rights, educational activities
- Personnel and budget responsibility for a team of 5, central patent and innovation funding budget
- Contribute to strategic planning for innovation management and support, implementation of IP and transfer strategy
- Initiate and support industry collaborations, in particular strategic industry partnerships
- Initiate novel and develop existing platforms for industry interactions, e.g. Innovation lab BaoBab
- PhD in a medical or life science field
- Track record of activities in technology transfer, IP development and collaboration management of at least 3 years
- Proven experience in leadership and personnel development
- Excellent communication and networking skills with all stakeholders
- Fluency in German and English and sound knowledge of national and international innovation funding mechanisms
- Industrial experience preferred
For further information about the position, please contact the Head of DZNE Scientific Strategy Office, Dr. Sarah Jewell (Sarah.Jewell@dzne.de).
Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst). Job location is Bonn, Germany, and the position is available starting in August. Regular travel to the other DZNE sites in Germany or relevant events will be required. The common language at work is English. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply. The position is initially limited to two years, with the possibility of extension/permanent position.
Interested candidates should submit their applications in the form of one single pdf document, including a cover letter, CV and three references via the link below.
References may be contacted as part of the initial candidate selection process and prior to interview. Applicants who do not wish referees to be contacted without prior notice and consent should make this explicitly clear on their application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Apply here
Dr. Sarah Jewell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2 years, unlimited contract possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
August 31st, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.