The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Research Technician (f/m/x)
The research group of Dr. Hayder Amin is looking for a highly motivated candidate for a Research Technician to join the laboratory of Biohybrid Neuroelectronics (BIONICS) at the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) in Dresden.
The primary objective of our lab is to examine groundbreaking questions on the functional and molecular coordination in large-scale neuronal networks. We are developing neuro-methods using various modern techniques (molecular and cellular biology, electrophysiology, transcriptomics, Opto-/chemogenetics, modeling, and neurocomputation). We aim to unravel the interaction across multiple forms of plasticity (functional and molecular) to characterize how this plasticity shapes information processing and functional connectivity in neuronal circuits and networks. This is not only relevant in a healthy context but, in particular, at the early stages of neurodegeneration, when networks still can respond and capable of reserving formation and compensate functions.
We are building a genuinely interdisciplinary research unit where experimental neuroscience, theory, and engineering expertise team up to foster advances in neuroscience and neurotechnologies.
- Organization and ordering of laboratory materials and reagents and monitoring consumable spending.
- Preparation of operating manuals and documentation practice.
- Standard cell culture techniques.
- Planning and execution of molecular biology experiments.
- Testing new protocols and methodologies.
- Training new lab members in cell biological and biochemical methods.
- Support ongoing lab projects.
Qualifications & experience
- Education as a Lab Technician BTA/CTA/MTA, or a degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or an equivalent degree.
- Good knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (western blot, Q-Rt-PCR, and immunostaining).
- Proficiency in German and English languages.
- Demonstrated experience in primary cell culture (preferable).
- Good knowledge in the field of immunohistochemistry and fluorescence imaging microscopy.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office).
- Versatility and willingness to adapt quickly to different tasks and timelines, and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team
- Previous experience in pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation is a plus.
- Advanced interdisciplinary vocational training.
- Opportunity to learn cutting-edge neuroscience and neurotechniques in a competitive and instructive environment.
- Excellent infrastructure, including modern workspaces.
- Multicultural environment.
- Employment, payment, and social benefits are consistent with the Public Sector Collective Agreement (TVöD Bund).
- The initial contract duration is 2 years with a possibility of extension.
Interested? Please, send your application in a single pdf file (in English), including:
- a copy of a detailed CV with up-to-date, relevant experience.
- 1-page cover letter of motivation.
- a copy of academic transcripts.
- two or three references
The application should be sent via the link below - as soon as possible but before 15 July 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information about the position but not the application process, please contact Dr. Hayder Amin.Apply here
Dr. Hayder Amin
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
July 15th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.