The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x)
A position for a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher is available in the Translational Dementia Research group led by Anja Schneider in Bonn.
The successful applicant will work in a cross-disciplinary project aimed at understanding the role neuro-immune interactions in Alzheimer’s disease using human brain samples, patient stem cell-derived cells and patient-derived biofluids. The techniques will include stem cell culture, cell-based assays, biomarker assay development, immunohistochemistry and biochemistry. The successful candidate will strongly interact with the lab automatation core facility and pharmaceutical industry in a project aimed towards drug discovery.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent degree in neuroscience, biology or any related field
- Outstanding record of achievements from prior training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- experience in at least one of the following scientific fields: stem cell biology, immunology, neuropathology, biomarker research
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural international environment
- The DZNE in Bonn offers an excellent scientific infrastructure with state of the art research facilities.
- Team members will benefit from an international, collaborative environment alongside other labs focusing on neurodegenerative disorders.
- Postdocs in the lab will receive extensive scientific training and will additionally be provided with opportunities for career development at the DZNE Career Centre.
- Salary and social benefits will be determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
- The position is available immediately and initially for 2 years (with the possibility for extension).
We are looking forward to your application consisting of a cover letter stating your motivation, research interests and experience, CV, publication list, as well as two references. Interviews will first be conducted via video conference, followed by a possible on-site visit to Bonn. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply here
Prof. Dr. Anja Schneider
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
accorging to TVöD Bund
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.