The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Laboratory Technician (f/m/d)
A temporary (1year) full-time Laboratory Technician position (e.g. MTA, BTA, CTA) is immediately available in the Laboratory Automation Technologies (LAT) Facility at the DZNE in Bonn. The LAT is a Core Facility, which provides expertise and technologies for lab automation services within the DZNE. You will be part of an interdisciplinary drug discovery team, with a strong focus on the biology of human innate immunity. We are looking for outstanding, highly qualified candidates with a degree as MTA, BTA, or related discipline.
The Laboratory Technician will work in an automated lab environment and will run drug screenings with a strong focus on inflammation cell models. It is highly desirable that the candidate has experience in lab automation (pipettors or dispensers etc.), screening or primary cell cultures. Applicants should be fluent in English and possess good communication and team-working skills.
- Open-minded to new methods and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with lab automation.
- Excellent cell culture skills.
- Basic experience in microscopy.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
- The opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund.
Dr. Philip Denner
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
September 27th, 2021
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.