IT Specialist/Bioinformatician (f/m)
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) investigates the causes of diseases of the nervous system and develops strategies for prevention, treatment and care. It is an institution within the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres with nine sites across Germany (Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten). The DZNE cooperates closely with universities, their clinics and other research facilities.
Our institute has a research focus on Alzheimer’s disease. A particular expertise of our institute is the generation and analysis of next-generation sequencing data and integration of such data with pre-clincal and clinical phenotypes.
· Administration of Linux and Windows based computing and –storage server systems with focus on the Linux based infrastructure
· First level support for user’s and Windows- Linux- and OS X Clients
· Work on joint IT-projects in an scientific environment
· Administration of IT infrastructure
· Contribute to scientific projects in the field of data-integration and next generation sequencing would be strongly encouraged and prior experience in this area would be an advantage
- You have a degree in informatics, Bioinformatics or similar qualifications such as computer science
- You have documented expertise with Linux based infrastructure, including batch processing (preferably LSF).
- You have documented expertise in programming with Python, MySQL, Bash and preferably R
- You have experience in the administration and configuration of computing and storage server.
- You have preferably experience in first level support for Linux-, OSX- and Windows clients
- You can develop and program solutions for user based needs.
- Some expertise with NGS data would be an advantage.
- You are a team player and not afraid of taking responsibility
- You are motivated and can work independently.
- You have good language skill (English and German)
- You will work in an highly motivated international team consisting of researchers, bioinformaticians and clinicians that all aim to develop therapies for neurodegenerative diseases
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to 2 years with the possibility for a permanent contract
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.