The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) investigates the causes of diseases of the nervous system and develops strategies for prevention, treatment and care. It is an institution within the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres with nine sites across Germany (Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten). The DZNE cooperates closely with universities, their clinics and other research facilities.
- Active participation in all stages of bioinformatics data analysis projects
- Pipeline development for NGS applications and data integration
- MSc degree in bioinformatics,computer science or a related field
- Experience in bioinformatics data analysis and software development in collaborative settings
- Experience of high-level programing in R, Python and/or Matlab environments
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge of databases
- Willingness to learn concepts of molecular biology and epigenetics.
- good social and team working skills are expected
- You will work in an highly motivated international team consisting of researchers, bioinformaticians and clinicians that all aim to develop therapies for neurodegenerative diseases
- An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research
- A high potential for the individual development of our employees
- Targeted personnel development
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited to 2 years with the possibility for a permanent contract
- Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TVöD Bund).
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.