The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a world-leading internationally oriented research center, committed to discovering new approaches to prevent and treat neurodegenerative diseases. To this end, researchers at ten DZNE sites across Germany pursue a translational and interdisciplinary strategy comprising five interconnected areas: fundamental research, clinical research, health care research, population health science, and systems medicine. www.dzne.de
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/x)
A position for a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher is available in the Research Group “Translational Dementia Research” led by Dr. Anja Schneider.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Postdoc for our research group at the DZNE in Bonn. As a Postdoctoral fellow in our group, you will conduct your own research project, but also collaborate with other researchers as well as international partners. Good communication skills and excellent knowledge of the English language are expected.
The projects in our lab are investigating the molecular and cellular mechanisms behind neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases as well as the development of fluid biomarkers. You are expected to perform experimental bench work, data analysis, and publish the work performed in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.
Currently, we are seeking a postdoctoral team member, who will work on biomarkers in Alzheimer’s disease. In the project relevant for this position, we are specifically interested in developing and testing novel fluid biomarkers for early detection of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. Experience in working with (all or either) biomarker research, SIMOA, ELISA, statistical analysis, and a background in neurodegenerative diseases and or inflammation could be helpful.
The candidate should be highly motivated to work on projects regarding fluid biomarkers in neurodegenerative diseases. While the funding is available from the host laboratory, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for independent research funding or fellowships via national and/or international funding sources to advance their own career.
The work will include:
- Working independently on scientific projects
- Assist with mentoring PhD students
- Useful background: fluid biomarkers, statistical analysis methods, biochemistry, SIMOA, ELISA, MSD technology, extracellular vesicles, neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation
- Capable of working independently with standard techniques of biochemistry
- Have a background and expertise in biomarker research
- Contribute in scientific ideas and bring in own expertise
- Establish new techniques, interpret and discuss experiments
- Be interested in implementing new methods and improving current protocols
- Have excellent organizational skills and fluency in English
- Have strong communication and critical thinking skills, as well as a dedication to teamwork and collaboration
- Critically contribute to writing of manuscripts and grant proposals
- Have successfully completed your university studies with a Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D. degree
- Have a track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Working in an international, highly interactive environment
- Opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Career development support by the institution
- A full-time appointment of initially 2 years
- Employment, payment, and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst – TvöD Bund)
Applications should contain the following documents (in English):
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter with research interests
- A publication list
- At least 3 reference letters
If you have further questions prior to application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place by video conference, with a possible on-site visit to Bonn.
Prof. Dr. Anja Schneider
2 years, extension possible
Payment, social benefits
according to TVöD Bund
August 15th, 2022
You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply.
We would like to point out that as an employee (m/f/x) of the DZNE Bonn, you are subject to facility-related compulsory vaccination against the COVID-19 virus (according to § 20a of the Infection Protection Act).